There are some precautions you want to take before and after you receive your Male Brazilian Waxing treatment. These practical skincare tips will help ensure that you have a positive experience.
Preparing for Male Brazilian Waxing
Brazilian waxing is most effective if your hair is at least ¼” in length. If you’ve been shaving your pubic area, stop a few weeks prior to your appointment.
Come to the spa clean and showered. Your skin should be free of any lotions or creams in the area we will be working on. This will allow the wax to adhere optimally.
You may want to take a couple of ibuprofens or acetaminophens 30-minutes prior to your waxing appointment. The treatment, especially the first time, can be a bit painful (but it only lasts a few seconds).
Wear or bring loose clothing to prevent irritating the skin after the waxing session.
Remember to relax. It will soon be over.
Post Male Brazilian Waxing Tips
- Do not expose the skin to sunlight or a tanning bed for 48 hours.
- Do not take a hot bath, shower, or use a hot tub or sauna for 24 hours.
- Do not exercise vigorously for 24 hours.
- Do not go swimming for 48 hours.
- Do not wear skin-tight pants as they can cause skin irritation.
- Do not engage in sexual activity for 12-24 hours, to avoid irritation to the skin and to prevent any infections from occurring.
- Do not use any moisturizers or balms for 12 hours, to prevent irritation and infections.
We do not recommend this waxing treatment for everyone. If you have active acne, moles in the pubic area, or are taking steroids, Accutane, Renova, Retin-A, or Differin, waxing is not advisable.
Also, avoid using glycolic acid, alpha-hydroxy or any exfoliation methods four-months prior to your visit as they can cause the skin to lift.
Please make certain to let us know if you have poor circulation, diabetes, varicose veins, or any other serious health condition.
Now that you know what to expect and how easy it is, contact us now to schedule an appointment for your Male Brazilian Waxing treatment.Click Here